I’ve always been interested in little countries, and Liechtenstein is no exception. Don’t know about this small principality? Here are some facts:
- It is landlocked between Switzerland and Austria
- Its area is 160 km²
- It has only 36,304 residents
- German is the official language, but locals use two Alemannic dialects
- Prince Hans-Adam II von Liechtenstein is the head of state
- Their currency is the Swiss Franc
Being very mountainous means it is a great winter sports destination. Its low corporate tax rate of 12.5% attracts many companies. Furthermore it has one of the highest GDPs in the world, not to mention a very low unemployment rate of 1.5%.
Check out Liechtenstein’s tourism website for activities and places to visit in the country.