Today I came across this beautiful image which can be found in the city of Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Not knowing much about the country, I decided to search and find out a few facts about this Balkan country.
- It borders Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro and has 20km of coastline
- The capital city, which is also the largest city, is Sarajevo
- It has been part of the Ottoman empire, the Austro-Hungarian empire and most recently Yugoslavia
- It is diverse religiously with 45% of the population practising Islam, 36% practising Serb Orthodoxy, and 15% practising Catholicism
- They have never won a Eurovision song contest…
Tourism is a growing industry with many naturalistic and historical sights to see. Find out more about why the country calls itself ‘the heart-shaped land’!